Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates

An automatic troubleshooter is available that fixes some problems with Windows Update, and it might resolve this error for you.

To run a Windows Update troubleshooter

  1. Click this button:
  2. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
  3. Open Windows Update, and try to install the update again.
If that didn't work, here are solutions to some common problems with installing updates.

 I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed.

 How will I know what updates have been installed?

 I keep being offered an update from Windows that I don’t want or that I already removed.

 I hid an update and now I want to install it.

 I restored hidden updates but I can’t find the one that I want to install.

 My computer was turned off during a scheduled update.

 I keep getting prompted to restart my computer to finish installing updates.

 I installed updates (or a driver update) and now one of my devices doesn't work.


 I tried these troubleshooting steps, but I still can't solve the problem. What should I do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment